Monday, December 3, 2018 - With favorable snowmaking conditions and 20 inches of snowfall in the past 5 days Telluride Ski Resort has announced new terrain in the Lift 5 / Polar Queen area will open for the season on Tuesday December 4th.
Summary of upcoming lift & terrain opening dates:
- Polar Queen Lift (chair 5) Opening Day - Tuesday, December 4, 2018
Terrain Details: A majority of the terrain in this area will be open including Polar Queen.
- Apex Lift (chair 6), 4/5/6 Loop Opening Day - Saturday, December 8, 2018Terrain: Opening terrain will include See Forever and some additional terrain in the lift 6 area. Updates will be shared on www.tellurideskiresort.com/snow and in the Telluride Ski Resort app. Bon Vivant will open for the season on Saturday, December 8, 2018.
- Plunge Lift (chair 9) - "targeting" Wednesday, December 12, 2018.Extensive snowmaking is in progress in this area. As soon as access is available chair 9 will open for the season; egress out will be See Forever from the top of lift 9.
- Prospect Bowl (chairs 12 & 14) Opening Day - "targeting" Saturday, December 15, 2018.
- Sunshine Area (chairs 10, 11 & 13) Opening Day - "targeting" to open with Prospect Bowl on Saturday, December 15, 2018.
- Telluride Trail, ski access to Town of Telluride - Extensive snowmaking is in-progress on Telluride Trail. "Targeting" to open ski access to Town prior to the Christmas holiday. Stay tuned additional updates.
Above press release courtesy of Telluride Ski & Golf Resort.